AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussM2 View Post
I have heard if you get the MPF installed at the port they cover everything if any problems. Also the performance package is about $4,550 when you get it install at the port so i will save some money getting at delivery.
Here's the thing...

The two major issues, (drone and cold start rattle) both (unofficially) require welding to permanently fix.

To deal with the drone, people have rewelded/reinstalled the OEM secondary resonator that is normally cut away from the factory exhaust when the MPE is installed, and for the rattle/shaking at cold start they've welded the MPE to the stock pipe where the clamp connecting the two halves of the exhaust normally goes.

If you go with a port install they will cut off the stock secondary resonator and toss it in the trash, and will simply cut and clamp your exhaust together. That's standard procedure. You have no say in that. When the car rattles later, the dealer will just tighten screws or clamps and this isn't a good or permanent fix. They will loosen over time and rattles and shakes will return. The drone they won't be able to do anything about, you'll just be stuck with it.

This is why it might actually be a better idea to purchase the MPE yourself after you get the car so you can have your installer keep the secondary resonator and have the exhaust welded together from the get go. It might actually save you time and money in the long run. Idk, to me that just seems like the smartest way to go about it if you want the MPE but don't want to deal with the drone or cold start rattle.

Just food for thought.

I live in Montclair btw. Feel free to PM me if you need anything.
Appreciate 2