View Single Post
      08-28-2015, 11:54 AM   #85
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I'm not going to lie...the waiting took the M2 off my list. I completely understand that BMW will release info when they determine that it is the right time to do so...but they certainly also lost a repeat customer when I went the 981 route.

It certainly wasn't all based on the waiting and lack of info on the M2, but that played a role for sure.
I love the F80. When I look at it from the perspective that it's a mini M5, I like it. When I look at it as an old school BMW M3, not so much. She's just too big. Not to mention if I do go with Fire Orange, that'll probably be $15k more than the M2 I'm planning to build. That's more than what I purchased the E36 for! I have to be somewhat realistic

As far as the M2, the wait is definitely wearing on me as well. But then I read about the praise that the 2er platform has gotten, it's really hard to argue just how good the M2 is going to be. Hell, the 2er replaced the 3er in Car & Driver's Top 10 list after how many decades? There's no doubt that the M2 is starting from one hell of a good platform. After waiting this many YEARS for the M2, I'd be crazy to bail now

Plus all I have to do is look my desktop background:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
Yeah, I actually did it. Sold her to a cool dude up in Seattle so she's gone to a good home.

I'm going with Mineral Gray. On the fence about a couple of other things, I'll just have to see how things option out.
Glad to hear buddy! I'm not debating whether I should even bother with waiting for LCI for potentially getting LED's.

Speaking of which, I gotta take my E92 out for a spin this weekend. I haven't driven her in almost 2 weeks
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1