Thread: Ordered an M2C
View Single Post
      03-23-2019, 09:43 AM   #20
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
I've not looked into an aftermarket gauge. I usually click the stalk a few times (think it's three pushes from the digital speedo display) while the car is warming up to follow things. You get a horizontal bar display of oil temperature. From there, it's 4 or 5 presses to get back to the digital speedo display.
You can easily reduce the number of clicks to go through the OBC. Untick most OBC info options in the iDrive settings menu = less scrolling through OBC info you're not interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Yeah, BMW (and other makers afaik) speedometers have a static offset of 5 kph/3.1 mph. On earlier cars (like my E9x ones), you can code the digital display to real speed, but the analog dial still displays the displaced value. Now when you set the cruise control on say 80mph, the digital display will settle out at 77mph. I've checked the E91 and the M3 vs a GPS speed app, and they are spot on now.
Check your F80 vs a GPS app; you should find it's showing 3mph faster than GPS speed.
I've not coded with BMW s/w...only Carly. Carly shows the option to code the analog speedo to eliminate the offset, but it says that option isn't available in North America. Similarly in the M2C, it shows the option for real speed on both the digital and analog displays, but it also says that isn't available.
Fit 255/35 R19 front (instead of 245/35 R19) and 275/35 R19 rear (instead of 265/35 R19) and the speedometer reading will get a little bit closer to a true speed reading.