Rep
Drives: Bmw M2C sunset orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C_jondagger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C_jondagger View Post
I tried both. I had Active change out the small one for me. It was garbage in both scenarios. Something else inherently wrong either with the shortness of the overall setup or the stock muffler. But catless dp and resonated el was terrible for me. Embarrassing to drive.
Jon,

Lets be very clear and honest. You came in the morning to test drive your vehicle with the larger resonators that we installed for you at no cost to make you happy. You came back from your test drive and gave us the go ahead saying it was much better.

Sorry If I don't understand why you are slandering and making baseless claims about our company via your keyboard. We were nothing but nice and helpful to you and you could of easily of called us for a exchange or return.
Would you be able to do that and honor the return then? I'm still holding on the exhaust in my garage.

I was transparent that the sound was NOT good and the issue was still there, yet it was improved. I was told this is all that could be done. I tried to enjoy it and it was the same issue with a 20% reduction.

I also have friends going through the same thing right now.
Was in the process to purchase the resonated version of EL mid pipe, I'm out now, Thank you for you review, sadly there is no way to improve the sound without increasing the rasp of the s55 engine. Its better to get back to stock downpipes and the try the EL midpipe again if that set up doesn't sound any better sell the car there's no other solution yet.

Don't know why but the exhaust sound way different standing compared it when running, so don't get confused with videos of sellers promoting their exhaust set ups like that. Not completely sure but I think is due to the fact that In neutral the car open the wastegate so the sound is coming directly from the engine to the exhaust but when running the wastegate closes the sound goes through the turbos and there comes the rasp, no matter if exhaust flaps are open or closed. if you are running catless downpipes you notice that from the first minute, so it's no completely active autoworker fault if you want to be mad with somebody blame Bmw engineers, @&@$ them, maybe for now EL mid pipe with stock downpipes is the only way to go.
Appreciate 1