View Single Post
      07-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #35
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon K View Post
^ Sutcliffe begs to differ with you- see previous post. (As does Chris Harris in his comparo.) It's not about the numbers - no doubt the M2 will eat a base Cayman's lunch through a 1/4 mile.

Again, we're not talking a huge gulf between the two here, and you are giving up a lot of practicality for that extra agility and feel the Cayman offers, but the difference is there.
Probably my English is not as good as yours but not in any way Sutcliffe or Harris mentioned the Cayman eating the 1M for breakfast or words like that afaik...

Off course there is a difference(layout ), but the 'extra agility' card played here is nothing compared to the power and overall sporty abilities in real life . Don't get me wrong, Cayman is a very sporty car made by real engineers etc , has a nice layout, chassis and stuff, but sometimes lacks power when you need it(reasons in-house called 911)

It's a combo of nice chassis/layout and power what makes some sporty cars shine (the exciting and fun part) and some less imho.

I remember a few years ago me driving a 330d and a first gen Cayman came up (Autobahn near Cologne) . He tried to accellerate from me which he could not do(to about 220kmh) . Then we got to the off ramps overthere. Same story. He was not running away.On the contrary. And again on the straight same story. I was driving a big heavy diesel fgs...

It's not about the numbers you say: I agree. 1M is incredibly underrated in many many ways by BMW/M and naysayers

Cheers
Robin

Last edited by Robin_NL; 07-10-2014 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0