09-12-2019, 08:57 PM   #41
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
I have found this to be the case as well.

Going from my 2016 M3 to my 2SS 1LE, with the exception of a few carbon trim pieces, the 1LE is much quieter and materials wise, it's VERY close.

I think that those who blindly say, BMW interior is better because it's a luxury brand have tunnel vision.

The M2 interior uses crappy base 3 series materials, then M3 (in non extended leather) adds a nicer Napa leather and a few carbon pieces, but is far from perfect.

My M3 was a creak box that took 2 complete replacement door seals and ended up needing to be 3Med to keep it quiet.

It's funny how everyone defends BMW's interior, yet all you have to do is look in the problem section of the forum to see just how many issues BMW's interiors have.
I respect that you like your Camaro interior but most will disagree. It's a really bad interior. There's a reason it's now relegated to last place in pony car sales and it certainly isn't due to performance. The styling inside and out just doesn't resonate with buyers.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-pack-level-2/

Quote:
Lows: That damn interior again, botched facelift.
Quote:
But here we go again: The Camaro’s cabin design is ridiculous. The materials are substandard. Every secondary thing that you need to reach, such as a map pocket or a USB port, is inexplicably behind your back or at such an awkward angle, like the mirror adjusters and navigation screen, that you grow resentful of the car. And why do we have to feel so cramped in such a large car?
Appreciate 0