07-08-2019, 12:16 PM   #37
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCompact View Post
I see your point.

BMW just makes too many models focused on the enthusiast. Perhaps the new CEO will put an end to all this nonsense and just make garden-variety sedans and coupes. Let Audi and M-B and Jaguar go after all those who want a more hardcore vehicle.
I agree, I do not see where having more options is a bad thing. I think its great that BMW doesn't introduce an M model and then just rest there. A "base" model M car is still an incredible car even if there is a CS, or GTS, or something like that out there. Just gives more options to fit what you want to use the car for. M5 bases are still being bought even though the Comp is available. People started seeing the M4 GTS for what it really is - a hell of an option for a more track focused car. I love my wife's X5M - holds the kids & all their junk while still being fun to drive. Even if it is just a cosmetic change - if it brings that much more enjoyment to the driver it is still a good thing imo. It doesn't water down the fact that an M car is typically still an amazing car to drive - from the "base" model all the way up to whatever alphabet coded car they come up with next.

+ the M2 Racing is pure awesome
Appreciate 0