View Single Post
      10-09-2020, 03:24 PM   #16
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

I pulled the trigger on the M2 CS because, in the end, I just found the want was too strong. The heart wants what the heart wants, as they say, and I just couldn't stop thinking about it. I loved the OG M2 when it came out and figured BMW would make an M2 CS and/or M2 CSL at some point, so I started getting on dealer lists before said lists really ever existed. When the M2 CS finally debuted, I did have a couple of objections. First, the price. I was hoping the car would be introduced in the high 70's. But while a bit high, it is what it is and I decided that for a car that moved me emotionally as much as the M2 CS does that I didn't want to let that deter me. And to be honest, I'm not so sure that for what you get the M2 CS is expensive; rather, I think it's more that the M2 Competition is simply an incredible value. Second, while the exhaust sound improved, I still wasn't thrilled with the way it looked or sounded. But there are a few on the market I like very much and I look forward to upgrading soon after I take delivery. Everything else is pure positive and excitement. Styling-wise, the car is beyond stunning. I honestly can't think of a single BMW that I find more aesthetically appealing. I have not driven the car, obviously, but from the now many reviews available, the car's performance sounds to be more than considerable ... all with a proper 6-speed manual transmission and real back seats (if you think they're too small, you don't have the history with 911's I do : ). Finally, the M2 CS represents the end of an era and I expect it will go down in history as the best and most important of its generation. I am certainly excited to take delivery and drive the wheels off of my incoming example!
Appreciate 5
Tornado1M1211.00
2taCoS279.00
Poochie9104.50
Artemis29405.50