View Single Post
      09-28-2020, 06:40 AM   #4
BMrDrmr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F-250, M2 CS

Great video and thanks for sharing! This will be my first BMW and first new sports car. I went to a dealer last October and test drove a competition. I decided I was buying one but it was October and I was mid home purchase (buying a BMW wouldn't have made my banker very happy) Then 3 days after the test drive the LA auto show happened and they unveiled the CS. Based on the timeline of the delivery and my home purchases plus a garage addition the CS seemed a better option and I really liked the CS over the competition. One big factor was the wheels.. would have needed a set of wheels along with the comp purchase..aside from that I just like the CS more (hood, interior etc.). So I called my SA and put a deposit down on an allocation I was 3rd in line at the time.

I followed the news for a few months on allocations and when it started to appear things weren't changing for me in line position (the SA told me they were only getting one allocation) I tried calling other dealers to see if I could find a better spot in a line etc. I got second in line at an M dealer (they were supposed to get 2) They said they could guarantee me an allocation but wanted a 5k$ non refundable deposit they also needed 5k$ over MSRP (I fought and got signed paperwork stating it was at MSRP). In the end I figured worst case scenario I don't get an allocation and I'll just grab a comp at a discount and get wheels, hood etc etc.

I put my second deposit down March 10th (this was an allocation day and they thought cs may be coming through) Then Covid. Between that and having to get a special permit from the town to build my garage everything got delayed and the timing has just worked well aside from now taking delivery in probably December at least the garage will be done. The day allocations came through was the same day they broke ground on my garage and both were about a year in the making.

I just love it when a plan comes together! Enjoy your CS everyone, I know I will !!

Appreciate 2
Bimmed Out1908.50