08-14-2020, 02:54 PM   #109
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
I've gotten to hot lap, track, or race in various forms: a Miata Cup car, Skip Barber Formula, E36 M3, F30 335, Coyote kart, Mazda Protege MP3, new NSX, Mclaren 570, Huracan, MP4-12C, Gallardo Superleggera, R8 V10, 981 Cayman GTS, Nissan GTR, Ferrari 458, F430 Scuderia, 991 GT3 RS, Aston DBS, AMG C63S, and a couple others I can't recall.

The most fun out those - Miata Cup, 570S, Huracan, and Skippy Formula. The 570 and Huracan never felt heavy and the turn in for both was amazing and confidence inspiring. So I think it is all relative, and I don't think weight is really the be all end all, but it is MUCH easier to make a lighter car feel more fun and have more approachable limits - especially at affordable prices. I never felt like a better driver, or more confident in what I was doing than in that Miata though. So size or something certainly matters.
Great feedback. I enjoyed the Huracan as well. (1553 kg for reference from the interweb). . The miatas are almost telepathic when it comes to providing feedback to the driver.
Appreciate 0