Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Sorry, they lost me the second I saw the automatic shifter, on the Supra..

It's really tragic they are so reluctant to mate it with a proper manual gearbox.

If they are trying to save a buck, they can simple use the one from M240i and just beef up the clutch and flywheel, since it shares an early iteration of the B58.. :

Until the new Supra finally comes with a clutch, there is no competition; the M2C wins, IMHO..

I think it's the financial that doesn't make sense there. They have to modify the production line to add a manual option, which kinda defeated the purpose of joint development vehicle (to save $$$). Also there gotta be data from BMW that how many manual vs auto they sold on M cars, which I believe would be substantially in favor of auto.
Toyota is the best selling auto maker in the world, they can spend a few bucks on a manual option and let the cost trickle down.. They ain't exactly starving and is not going be, anytime soon..

I'm sure they sell a ton more autos but the market is yearning for a manual drivetrain but they instead just keep adding more unnecessary power.

I don't know, I know the manual is a niche market but there is still a demand, it's a shame they can't see the writing on the wall..
Appreciate 2
19x459.50
///M TOWN16161.00