MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb804 View Post
I remember reading about the wheel arches but now I can't find it... what exactly is the purpose of them?
Homologation! Wheels need to be within the arches completely. About 70 countries are enforcing new rules on tire noise and fitment. Many are different from each other but this fix covers them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Thanks MR. for the first hand, exclusive and great information!

1. I'm very surprised new carbon roof saves a significant 10+kg. Thought it's some 10lbs.

2. Question: are they saying the CS exhaust only differ in mid pipe and tailpipe with no difference in muffler?

BTW, Is it just me or from the picture with no direct sun cast, standing next to each other, the gold 763M works better than the black?
Sean, the stock roof is 14,4 kg. Edison Composites and Alpha-N's roof is 4,5 KG. This M2 CS roof is a touch lighter at roughly 4,0 kg.

Yes, that is what they were saying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Marc

Interesting info.

Is the suspension geometry changed at all for CS spec cars ?

Is the smart tire connected via app and also integrated into the idrive on the CS ?
Unknown! I asked it and I did not hard yes or no. I looked the same with a touch more camber, but was impossible to determine. I think it is more close to being the same than being different.

Nope, it is not included. you need your phone for it. It is a Michelin thing, not a BMW thing and since brands keep offering closed OS's on their internal car media systems we can't easily install apps there. Else it could have been an easy integration via your BT in the car.

MR
Appreciate 1
SeanWRT3179.00