View Single Post
      09-29-2014, 07:14 PM   #103
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
I agree completely with your comments about AY and LBB. I think there's a good chance LBB will bring out the best in the M2's character. Fun, fast, agile, and muscular. Without being a typical light blue.

The other cars I'm considering are the Stingray (I think I may have mentioned this to you prior), '15 Mustang GT, and possibly the new TT: but the TT is more of an afterthought, so I don't even count that.

See, none of those cars fit everything I think I want. I say "think" because I'm not sure where I'll be in a year from now.

The Stingray is jaw dropping, but only two seats, and is probably at the limit of how flashy of a car that I'll consider. Although part of me is in love with it - so I'd say it's in 2nd right now behind the M2 by a good bit. And yeah, the Mustang GT looks pretty awesome but I don't care too much for a car which will be so immensely popular that I will feel completely drowned out in the crowd. 45K GT? Most people can't tell that's it not a 24K base V6. Not that I care what people think, but you know what I mean.

The Stingray also pushes my financials to the max. If an M2 with the following options comes in at around 59K I will be so thrilled:

-19 inch wheels: I think this will be a must. The M235i is begging for 19s.
-Upgraded sound system - I play the drums as a hobby, and I'm super meticulous about sound quality. It's gotta be crystal clear for me.
-LED Lights - Eh, I guess this would be optional for me, not sure at the moment but they do make the M3/4 look SO much better.
-Nav System. Which I'll most likely get in a package.

That's about it.

That's a great idea... perhaps I will go test drive both the M4 and M235i and try to generate an idea of how the M2 may feel.

In my gut, I will most likely wait. There's something about the M2s persona that outshines a car like the Stingray's - at least for me. It's gonna be a like little raging Bull.

A hell of a car for sure.

Mustang is on the heavy side for me, plus I'm looking for a different sort of car anyway. Must be compact, would definitely consider a roadster.

Funny you mention the options, looks like we have almost the exact same car as well as color haha.
- Wheels: I'm going 18s for sure. Looks perfect on the red spy car
- LED: Would definitely like them. The 2er Active Tourer gets it so I'm hoping it receives it during LCI/M2
- Nav: I'm not sure yet, we'll see how it much would cost to add
- H/K: An absolute must option. It's not the absolute best sound system in the world, but for the price, it's worth checking that box.

Right now, I'd be ok with metallic paint and HK as the only options. My choice would be to go with cloth seats
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0