View Single Post
      09-08-2014, 09:02 AM   #34
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
You and I have different needs in our cars. Those performance options are of no use to me. I want my luxury car to feel like a luxury car while handling well in real world driving. I would not opt for the Cayman S, the 2.7 has more than enough power for me. Full Leather is a requirement as well as Infotainment with NAV. I would spring for the PASM as I would think it would help with driving comfort in some way. Yes I could see me getting well into the 70s with a Cayman, while I am sure any M2 I would purchase would be well into the 60s. Can't predict the future, for me its 3 years from now so maybe my needs will change or financially I may not be prepared to get either. Things happen, unexpected expenses pop up and luxuries have to be put on hold.
And there's nothing wrong with that, we for sure have different priorities as soon as you said what makes an M car is a full leather dash. I think most people here would agree that we want the M2 to be back to basics M car. Don't get me wrong, I really like the F80 a lot, and you can load the car up to the brim with all the newest tech, but I think we want the M2 to be the complete opposite to that.

I think if you want an M2, with adaptive suspension and NAV, it can be had for right under $60k (full leather dash for sure will not be an option). Just a hunch. Whereas base Cayman, with full leather and Nav will be over $60k, and that's with the cheapest wheels possible and none of the crazy colors.

Personally, i think it's going to be so interesting when there are comparisons. The M2 will have the more powerful engine and better bang for your buck (and practicality), while the Cayman will be the purer drivers car. Can't wait.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0