01-13-2021, 02:21 PM   #121
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStiglet View Post
If $90K doesn't make financial sense, buy a used Comp for $55K and get 95% of the experience.

I'm dailying mine and it's fantastic. YOLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skotcoop View Post
I'm probably not supposed to ask about costs, payments, and how people justify spending 90k on a car but I don't care because I'm an honest and open person. I imagine someone who's making payments on one of these is not paying anything less than 1000 a month. And I'm also assuming most of you aren't using it as a daily. And I'd wager most people didn't pay full cash. What is the key to being able to afford something like this aside from making a shit load of money? Because I make a decent income and I can't see myself spending that much on a car even though I'd want to. Obviously everyone's scenario is different and some of you that have supportive wives and that's incredible and awesome. You'd think a single guy like me would do whatever he wants with his money lol.
Depends where you place value, and what makes you happy. How long do you plan to work. At what age do you want to start carving out some enjoyment. A lot of negative life circumstance can happen between now and the "age I should start spending". I hate that I love cars. They are too damn expensive. I don't have any other hobbies at the e moment. Save a lot. Earn what I think is a lot, I don't live in a flashy house. My car payment made me sick when I got it in the mail and I knew what it was going to be :P. I learned that the cost very quickly fades away as enjoyment takes over. It's my DD. Costco is still my favorite store. I certainly wouldn't put myself under financial stress for a car. I still enjoy my 2002 nissan xterra. Something about a good beater that has win written all over it. It's tough to beat a good truck for happiness.
Appreciate 1