United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skotcoop View Post
I'm probably not supposed to ask about costs, payments, and how people justify spending 90k on a car but I don't care because I'm an honest and open person. I imagine someone who's making payments on one of these is not paying anything less than 1000 a month. And I'm also assuming most of you aren't using it as a daily. And I'd wager most people didn't pay full cash. What is the key to being able to afford something like this aside from making a shit load of money? Because I make a decent income and I can't see myself spending that much on a car even though I'd want to. Obviously everyone's scenario is different and some of you that have supportive wives and that's incredible and awesome. You'd think a single guy like me would do whatever he wants with his money lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
:

You should move to Australia
He only needs to move across the Cascades. Smooth roads and lots of sunshine over here!

My 1M was a 3-season daily driver for its first 4 years and has become a track car.

My CS will be a 3 season daily driver for as long as the 1M lasts, and will then "assume the position".

The CS is replacing an X5 lease. With a reasonable downpayment, the monthly payment to purchase it at 0.9% isn't very far off from the lease I was paying. The enjoyment will far exceed that of the X5. I have my 4x4 tow rig for winter duty during the 2-3 months when it is cold enough to damage the PSS tires, but even then there will be a couple days every week warm enough to bring out the beast.

My wife knows I work hard, and knows I love to drive. My 17 y/o son is doing track days with me, and she even tried one. She is excited for the CS to arrive and will be driving it also.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 3
ptgltw3777.50
Skotcoop269.00