Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I would be skeptical if anyone claims any power gains going from a fully-functioning stock exhaust, to aftermarket, regardless of the model.

I don't really care what my BMW sounds like, just give me any aural feedback, without the pops & burbles - I just loath the attention those sounds attracts and they are antithetical to the sophistication BMWs are suppose to commandeer..

Apparently less obnoxious firecracker noises on the CS. I'm looking forward to this if true. I'll know soon and report back.
From the couple of reviews I saw so far, the CS does not have that obnoxiously loud pop and burbles, of which BMW had seem to turn up the volume to 11 on, within the last couple of years. Seems that the CS has even less of that cacophony, even more so than the current Competition model.

I assume this because of the new Euro noise ordinance, for the newer model years, that has trickled down to all current vehicles. However, I believe, Australia, where you reside, vehicles doesn't come with an OPF. So you'll get the unbridled exhaust..

I welcome the scale back on overrun bubbles fad but I get why some that crave attention might be disappointed by this but honestly, it wasn't doing you any favors; trust me, the average person observing your car drive by is not charmed by you new Bimmer sounding like a old misfiring carburetor engine.

Anyways, you lucky dog - I'm looking forward to your CS review..
Appreciate 1
Davil6332.00