Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
I'm curious if the part number on the muffler can matches or not. Baffling could be different inside. 1-830-8-747-994
I'm thinking of calling a parts department before i change to see what the part numbers are on all parts of the exhaust system. If its unique to the CS, i'm tempted to leave it, as i'd be buying more and more into the hype that there are horsepower gains from the exhaust. If its not, i'll replace with an Akrapovic. Or if someone does a dyno before and after the akrapovic slip-on only.

Anyone who says the M2 CS stock exhaust sounds good, i'm sorry, you need to get your ears checked. Its awful, both in OPF and non-OPF.
From what I understand, you really don't gain any kind of power, in any form, from a cat-back exhaust, unless original piping had a "scavenging" lost, due to a poor design flow, to begin with.

And from what I see, it's the same exact exhaust as the "C" - minus the tips and maybe less sound deadening..

I would be skeptical if anyone claims any power gains going from a fully-functioning stock exhaust, to aftermarket, regardless of the model.

I don't really care what my BMW sounds like, just give me any aural feedback, without the pops & burbles - I just loath the attention those sounds attracts and they are antithetical to the sophistication BMWs are suppose to commandeer..
Appreciate 1