View Single Post
      11-27-2020, 09:24 PM   #11
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

The CAE shifter definitely requires trimming. I'd say more than the instructions call for.

So if you look up the instructions it's very clear once the center console is removed what you need to cut. It's like the lower frame thing in the console. You also have to cut about 2 inches out of the metal bracket that spans across the front of the plastic you cut.

The USB in the cup holder was an issue. I ended up removing the electrical guys/plug from the black trim piece and wiring it through the hole I cut in the cup holder. Then put the black trim piece back in the square hole to act as a "trim" piece. I'll probably Make a carbon block off plate for the factory hole and relocate the USB plug and black trim in front of the cup holder.

Lastly right in front of the shifter in the cup holder assembly is a 3" long black rectangle thing with a plug. I had to relocate that to the side and zip tie it to the main wire harness. I saw a few of those black box things in the console. I think they sense the key but I'm not 100% sure. The mount on the cup holder assembly that the black box mounts too had to get trimmed quite a bit.

The install is very easy past the trimming. And honestly aside from the cup holder hole if you had to go back to stock and ditch the car, the next guy would never know you cut stuff up. Everything still mounts rock solid.
Appreciate 0