05-20-2019, 11:13 AM   #267
BMWCompact
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGoober View Post
BMWCompact,

What was the build date on your car? Do you know when it arrived at the VPC?

June 10th is a Monday, so presumably the car would need to arrive at the Performance Center on the 7th or earlier to be prepped and ready to be driven on Monday morning.

There a few variables we don't know:
-How many affected cars are at each VPC
-The order the cars are being worked on (FIFO, ED, Performance Center, etc.)
-How many techs are at each VPC

In this case, the car has to be fixed at the VPC at some point after it arrives (and presumably, there are sold cars waiting that are ahead in line), then has to be shipped to the Performance Center and prepped.

BMW is probably safer setting expectations that the car won't be ready if the schedule is tight. Based on what we know and depending when the car was scheduled to hit the VPC, the schedule might have been tight to begin with.
My M2C completed production on April 11, and arrived at the port in Bremerhaven on April 16. Arrived in Baltimore on May 5 aboard the Apollon Highway, arrived Brunswick GA on May 9, then arrived Charleston May 10. From Charleston, assuming it was trucked up to the VPC, which, for this area, is contained within BMW Manufacturing in Greenville/Spartanburg. It could still be in port, but I assume it's at the VPC awaiting parts for the recall. Once completed, it's a few minutes by carrier over to the Performance Center.

Had all gone according to plan, it would have been approximately 30 days between arriving port of Charleston on May 10 and my Performance Center delivery on June 10.
Appreciate 0