10-16-2020, 03:18 PM   #85
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav3 View Post

What you have written makes sense but from my own experience the throttle reset does something and doesn't 'instantly dissapear' when you press the throttle down

Unless you have some official oem bmw document that describes the function in the same way you've described it, logically, one can also assume that throttle adaptions are part of the ecu to tailor to the driving style of the driver. If you really wanna label it 'fake news', please back it up with official documentation.
It has nothing to do with BMW, the ECU is made by Bosch. This is how they have been for the last few decades and are a standard feature on every Bosch ECU model ever since.

Some one, at some point, has latched onto this crazy notion that the ECU is learning a drivers habits and adapting.... and not only that but it's clearly getting it wrong, so must be untaught. A false interpretation of what throttle adaptation is. So you can see that what you are asking me, is to "prove that unicorns don't exist". I can't. But please knock yourself out resetting it every week. No harm done.
Appreciate 3
natmad667.00
chris7197347.00
///MPhatic13929.50