01-02-2019, 07:03 PM   #12
codylikerice
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
36pis+ starts getting squirrelly IMO. Some people seem to run like 40psi+ though so this might be a subjective topic... or people are just clueless and you should test for yourself.

I personally bleed down between sessions to try to hit 34 front 32 rear running Hankook (80tw td's). I usually go on at around 26psi and the front pick up the extra 2psi due to turning... I seem to get more grip running pressure on the lower side. No clue why this is such a confusing topic as logically it makes sense that less pressure = more grip. Lot's of conflicting articles though... depends on tire construction as well. Some tires won't be able to maintain shape with low pressure. Something like an re-71r has a soft sidewall that sees a lot of deflection...
Are you on standard staggered set up? I normally see people target lower starting pressure on fronts and slightly higher rear, what's your opinion on running higher front and lower rear?

For me I find the front pressure increases more rapidly than the rears on track so setting lower front than rear seems to work for me
Appreciate 0