View Single Post
      05-21-2019, 12:01 AM   #143
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Guys, it’s got the carbon goodies where it counts: hood (to reduce mass at the front and improve the weight distribution) and roof (to reduce the CG).

A CF front lip which is likely to get damaged or scratched to hell is asinine IMO. Porsche does it in matte black plastic on the GT3, BMW should pay attention.

A CF trunk might actually make the weight distribution worse (albeit reducing overall mass), and the carbon fenders can’t save that much weight. Maybe they’re a 50% fancy, 50% functional item.

The ZCP seats are better than the regular ones, I’ve had both. The stitching doesn’t hurt performance. Adaptive suspension is important for folks living in areas with neglected/bad roads, it makes the car more usable more of the time. I use Comfort a lot in daily driving, especially with the GC camber plates I need some extra compliance on the DC potholed roads.

Should be a good car. Worth the money? Of course if you can afford it .

Actually the thing I’d miss the most compared to my M3 would be the HUD, I’ve fallen in love with it. But I wouldn’t keep a car just because of that, and the days of me needing 4 doors are coming to an end soon. Sign me up.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0