07-13-2020, 02:34 PM   #24
gphung
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB - 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Bringing this thread back, albeit slightly off topic.

Has anyone flashed BM3 stage 2 91 OTS (either ACN or regular) on Canadian Shell 91 V Power? I'm curious if we would benefit more from the ACN map or the regular map. I could also try stage 2 93 OTS with Petro Canada 94, but I've been reading/hearing mixed reviews on timing being pulled.

I've only exclusively put in Shell 91 in my LCI because it was advertised as ethanol-free here. However, I'm not sure I understand two particular points about ethanol-free fuel:
- Is it actually bad for the N55?
- Is ethanol content an indicator of "poor quality" gasoline? i.e., I've been reading about west coast Chevron 94 (which is ethanol-free) vs. other 93/94 gasoline which do have ethanol, and not particular sure which one is technically better, and whether ethanol content is the main/only thing to consider when making this assumption.

edit: I'm aware that in the context of tuning via BM3, I should flash it and analyze datalogs. I'm just trying to decide on my first map (either stage2 91 or stage2 91 ACN), and hopefully when I log it will show no issues and I can avoid having to purchase the full map pack for another $50 USD.
Appreciate 0