View Single Post
      08-06-2019, 11:11 PM   #75
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
The B48/58 pump doesn't provide enough flow for full E85. You'd have to go XDi for that. And, my understanding is a bigger turbo than my Dinan would be needed to exploit anything above E40.

Power still drops to redline, but it's better with the Dinan turbo vs the stock turbo. As for IAT impact to power, it really is pretty amazing how strong the power remains with E30 vs gas. Even in my 100 octane logs, you can see the E30 does a better job at keeping power levels up as IATs go 125-150F.

Definitely interested in seeing how the A2W and GTS hood helps! We're all searching for solutions!
Yeah even with 100 you have no power once the IATs are up there. Like you gotta work hard just to try to break sticky tires loose level of no power. Interesting that with e30 you still have some power at those temps. Buddy in his gt350 just whomped all over me down the long back straight at cota - it was pretty comical. Still was lapping at least 6 secs faster than him but it was hilarious how much more power he had. GT350s shouldn’t do that to this car.

What have you done to run the E30? Is it just a matter of the tune? Thinking I maybe ought not be so lazy and just mix up some for track days. It’s not close but I know where to find some. So when you are running E30 do you just run the tank low and then fill up with 93 and swap tunes to go back?
Appreciate 1
ZM22813.50