Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I have a 256gb X and I'm using 21.1gb and could easily clear 5gb if I needed to. Literally everything is in the cloud. Why would I want on board storage?

I bought the 256gb for the moderately faster performance. But in hind sight could have easily saved the money.
Not sure about you, but I take a lot of picture and videos (have little kids). But I don't want any of that in the cloud. Why would I pay to use Apple's cloud when I have everything stored locally? Hence, I need more than just 64GB of storage of my device. Plus I travel a lot, so downloading a few movies and some music for when I'm on the road is nice also.

Also, how is the 256GB version faster than the 64GB version?
The 256gb was listed as faster at some processes when launched. Pretty sure it was a number that only nerds could quantify. My wife has a 64gb, I have never noticed a performance difference.

I have a small kid too, take tons of pics and videos. But it's double backed up to Google and Amazon automatically so nothing stays on my phone. We've got unlimited data, so rarely download videos or music, aside from one or two movies for flights which tend to get deleted and replaced for the trip home. But movies aren't big enough to justify the cost from 64gb to even 128gb.
Appreciate 0