View Single Post
      09-06-2019, 04:11 PM   #94
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

A couple months back, I went to my dealer for this. They said they took out the taillight and didn't see any damage, so they aren't going to replace it but to let him know if it happens again. I also asked him to let me know if he updates or resets any of the computers, because that might lock me out of the DME so I can't run bootmod3 anymore. Back then, I didn't know this was only an issue with the M2C, not the M2. So then he was saying that the coding is probably causing the taillight error. So I explained to him that I thought of that already, reverted back to stock, and still got the error.

A few weeks ago I was in the dealership and mentioned that it is still happening. He said that he will order a new taillight, but he needs to pull the code to send BMW so the warranty will cover it.

Every time it happens, the error pops up on idrive and in the dash for a few seconds, then goes away. And it doesn't store the error message for the dealer to read. So I started taking pictures of the error. Had it happen 6 times in two weeks.

Went to the dealer earlier this week, showed him the pictures of the error message and dropped the car off with him. He said they checked all the wires and the taillight and everything is working and undamaged, so he isn't replacing anything. He also said the system is telling him to update the FEM and DME and some other stuff and wanted to check with me before he did it. I told him "okay, you can do that" because I learned that update won't keep me from using bm3.

So yea, still haven't been able to get anything replaced yet. Might go to a different dealer in the future, dunno yet.
Appreciate 0