///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
well I am disturbed by this because I really did not enjoy the M235 I drove. I have not driven the new M3/M4 but will sometime to see how it is....if it is more disconnected than the already disconnected M235 then I will be even more disappointed. What a shame.
Just to clarify my thinking. Though my personal impression is that the M3/M4 is more disconnected from the road than I expected, I do think that by combining the M3/M4 suspension components with the m235i chassis, the end result will be the best iteration of all of those parts (in terms of handling dynamics, road feel, etc.). Hence I think, as most of us do, that the M2 stands to be the most connected car in the current BMW lineup (which is why I have a deposit on one).
Guys, first of all, my salesman rocks and just hooked me up with a back to back test drive of an M4 and m235i. He was also nice and let my wife and I take the cars out on our own this time.

My impression of the cars is more solidified than ever before. The m4 drives like a much larger car and is just not what I want in a DD and occasional track car. In fact the m235i itself is on the bleeding edge of being exactly what I'm looking for. It has a light and nimble quality to it that reminds me of more pure sports cars but it still has the features and comfort you would want in a DD. The power is also nice, though a touch more would be perfect. I think I've reached my conclusion, at least regarding this comparison. The M2 is going to be epic and I can't wait to experience it!

If you are on the fence, I highly suggest you go do a test drive, you might just find the clarity you're looking for.