grocerylist
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Yes, you will shine with your summer when is dry and wonderful and you will shine in your winter when the snow is there. But for everything in between, the all season is the one that will handle everything very well.
Summer tires beat all season tires in every handling situation (accelerating/braking/turns), wet or dry when the temperatures are above 40F.

All season are a compromise between summer/winter tires and master of none. Yes for those that can't or don't want to run 2 sets of wheels/tires they'll make due. For myself (in Seattle) I'd rather take my chances with the unlikely snow surprise. In Seattle we don't get surprise snowfall, we'd see the possibility of light snow probably a week or more in advance but I realize parts of Canada don't have that luxury.

However, more importantly defensive driving can only marginally protect you from dumb drivers losing control of their vehicle or loads where emergency situations on the road might require immediate high speed reactions on a freeway for which a Summer tire would give me an advantage probably 99% of the time.

I agree I don't need a minimum wage tire tech scratching up wheels, so I'd change my 2nd set which I store on a tire rack in the garage. For those that might not have a garage, a stack of tires could easily fit in a small closet.

Last edited by grocerylist; 10-16-2019 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: word
Appreciate 0