View Single Post
      06-03-2019, 03:11 PM   #11
joseyu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C, 17 488GTB, 16 Cayman S

If you are driving into any of the slightly bigger cities in Italy, make sure you look into their congestion traffic rules (ZTL). There are some cities that we couldn't figure out how to buy a pass, and some that had a website where the payment system was only in Italian and errors out with multiple credit cards. I think there are some cities where you really can't get into without application weeks ahead. On the other hand, you could just decide to screw it and drive right in. You may or may not get a fine eventually. Italy is a strange place where some rules don't apply. We were in Maranello for a Ferrari factory tour and couldn't find adequate parking and got desperate, so I just parked it in a 60 min limit zone. I was quite worried about getting a ticket or being towed, but the guys at Ferrari said they have never seen a cop giving out tickets. I parked there for 5 hours and it was fine. On the autostrada, they warn you ahead of time where the radar speed detection occur, so the locals do 160-180kph between those points and just slow down to 130 kph right before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somberlaine View Post
I am heading south to Italy. Depending on how deliver day goes, I may end up spending the night somewhere in Austria.
2015 Mercedes E63 S AMG
Appreciate 0