View Single Post
      06-03-2019, 02:40 AM   #8
IcyLiquid
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT LBB M2C

Garage List
Update on this:

I am currently sitting in the waiting area at "M.Car SpA Pozzuoli" while the break-in service happens.

I made my appointment with them like 9 months in advance which they found hilarious, and then reminded them about it about 1 month out (which is fortunate because I think they had forgotten).

Initially they told me it would take all day, starting at 9am and finishing at 4pm. I pushed back by email but had no response. When I brought the car in they were friendly, and told me they thought it would take maybe 1hr.

On a hunch, I asked them to confirm the exact steps that would be undertaken, and it's a good thing: they didn't understand that the car needed a break in service and were only going to do an inspection and fluids "top-up". After making some calls and talking to their head mechanic, it was sorted out and they confirmed that they would:
- change oil
- change oil filter
- change diff fluid

So let that be a warning to anyone doing their break-in service in a borderline 3rd world country: triple check.

p.s. driving in Italy will make your hair turn grey prematurely. Do not recommend.

🙏
Appreciate 0