05-21-2019, 02:12 PM   #103
skiparock
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 lbb manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
The DP alone will sink you with a warranty claim.. Tampering with a Federally mandated emission control device is a easy win if you try to sue them, you'll lose just on sheer principle.

I love how naive and spry folks are in believing that the dealer has to abide by any MMA requirements or what ever empty threat you throw at them would actually sway their decision; if they have any reasonable suspicion that the vehicle was abused, modded, or tuned for more power that was allowed stock, they'll be happy to tell you to go kick rocks..

What you going to do then? There is no financial recourse except unsuccessfully suing them, which could drag on for years..

I'm pretty sure BM3 leaves a shadow code in ROM regardless if you flash it back to stock, which they would be able to retrieve. Best bet is beg for the mercy of a goodwill repair.
Respectfully I disagree with your opinion on the dp. Violating an emissions control device has nothing to do with a manufactures warranty for an unrelated part (dp cannot damage an engine).
02 330xi (Sold)
Appreciate 1
AndrewC198910903.50