View Single Post
      05-20-2019, 10:01 AM   #92
Jkurahara
Rep
Drives: Bmw m2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Joe,

What I meant is - neither factory nor aftermarket calibration has a preventative measure to "ensure" fueling capacity. The save net is pulling off load when rail pressure drop to a point which is untouched. Likewise, you can demand as much boost as you want, turbo is just not making it and can die keeping trying. There is no control or monitor over its shaft speed, at least with our platform.

You're right though that at factory aggressiveness it's nearly impossible to get to this point. And the OTS tune is clearly not calibrated for track use and without high octane. But let's be honest, how aggressive can the 16psi top end boost target be? Actual boost should be 15 or so thanks to the 1+psi underboost calibrated in.

At the end, were you implying that the tuner is partially responsible?
I’d love to get your input on how to ensure something like this does not happen.

I’m running basically the same mods (vrsf ic vrsf charge pipe vrsf dp and a BM3 Stage 1 93 octane) I have access to 94 octane where I am and do shorter runs with lapping atleast once a month. Is his issue likely caused by fueling or cooling?
Appreciate 1