DARKMTTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 M2 Competition & '18 X1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseyu View Post
Seems like a lot of driving even if you are doing it alone and even crazier with passenger(s). The museums that you have listed all take a few hours, especially if you want to walk through most of the MB museum, that place is massive! Also, unless you have an early pickup appointment, doing the BMW pickup, museum/factory tour and then heading over to the Audi museum before turning around driving to the Austrian Alps seems quite ambitious. Cutting out the destinations south of Lake Como/Milan might be a better way to go if you want to enjoy the places and museums you have picked out. If you have more time in Stuttgart, the Porsche museum has all their racing heritage on display and it does not take as much time as the MB museum. In any case, enjoy your first ED, which can't get any better than in a M car!

My wife and I will be picking up the car from the Welt on May 20th and we have a full 20 days with the car. So far I have planned about 3,000 km worth of driving and I am still wondering if it's too much. There are only two hotels that we will only be staying for one night, so hopefully we will be ok and my passenger/boss wouldn't be mad at me. We will be skipping the BMW Welt/factory tour since we have been there multiple times, including some private tours with a friend of mine who works at the factory. Instead, we are heading to Steyr to get a personal tour of the engine plant where our S55 engines are made (production line 6 to be specific). Other car specific items we plan on doing are a private factory tour at Ferrari, Rue du Napoleon from Cannes to Genoble and then some lesser knows passes in Switzerland to avoid the crowding at the more famous ones. Here is the google map of my planned route. If anyone has some interesting roads or places to suggest along my route, please let me know. Thanks!

[IMG][/IMG]
Your trip plans sound incredible! I was planning to blaze through the museums as I'm more interested in the actual factory tours, but I've heard those take time as well. Hopefully once I rework my schedule, I can spend more time at the museums. Thanks for sharing.