Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2wolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRob View Post
I have a 6MT too. I was able to remove the button panel without removing the shifter boot (although it certainly wouldn't hurt to remove it first).

I found it more effective to pry the button panel out from the top end (i.e., the end near the DSC Off button) than the bottom end which seems more flexible and delicate.

I used a plastic pry tool that was shaped pretty much like a very wide flat blade screw driver. Took an uncomfortable amount of pressure (more than I had expected), but the button panel finally popped out.

Good luck! -scr

Edited to add: I started prying on the top right corner of the button panel, and worked my way to the left.
Still can't remove it.. re: shift boot, kinda worried to tug it out as I might not be able to put it back again..

Will look into it at daylight during the weekend...
Listen man, this thing is EASY ! Get 2 old credit cards and just pry up the shifter boot with 1 credit card. Then pry off the controller unit- stick one card in there, then slide the second card underneath so you have 2 plastic cards between the controller unit and the center console. Dont be afraid to apply force, it will pop off