Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3M2R8Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Franklin, Hurry up and get some more commuter time ! Roll on up to DFW or do some driving tours and get your 1200 mile service done and some real brake pads.
Is 1200 miles recommended by the dealer or BMW M? I may only have time to put 500 miles before taking it to COTA

We put our ED Cayman S on Nurburgring Nordschleife & the GP track only after about 500 miles after picking it up at Zuffenhausen. It's true that we did not run the car pass 6k, but it has 15k miles now and it seems to be going really strong

Franklin, thanks for your tip, I did find out my car is on Michigan Highway, the RORO ship. It will make Galveston this Sat.!

Of course! Can't wait any longer! The amazing thing is that I have not heard any thing from my dealer for 3 weeks. Not sure if I will buy from them again???
My understanding is that the M2 software is set for break in and that it is allowed to adapt better after the 1200 mile service where the initial run in fluids are changed.

As far as the car , no I don't there are any issues with driving it before then, I put my 1M on track at Barber in 2011 on my way home from picking up my car in South Carolina. It had 600 ED miles and about 250 highway miles before I got to Barber. Ran one day at barber and then had my service done before heading back home to Tx
Appreciate 0