View Single Post
      05-31-2020, 10:14 PM   #11
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchdj View Post
Yeah, that is along the lines of what I just posted. There will be no issue with ww and coolant because oe coolant will supersede what ww can accomplish as an additive in an s55. OP was asking whether or not if he should add ww and just water vrs using oe coolant.

Curious, why are you adding ww to your M2C’s coolant?
Are you overheating? Track?
No overheating issues with my M2C. Having had great experience with water wetter as I posted above with my M3 I justified it as a great additive to continue using in my M2C. It works great when used for what it was made to do...it's not a replacement for coolant; it is an additive.

See below for the purpose as in this link: https://www.redlineoil.com/waterwetter

WATERWETTER®
Unique agent for cooling systems that doubles the wetting ability of water
Rust and corrosion protection allows for use of straight water in racing or reduced antifreeze levels in warm climates
Improves heat transfer and reduces cylinder head temperature
Use one bottle for most passenger cars and light trucks, treats 3 to 5 gallons or 13.2 to 15.9 liters, vehicles with larger cooling systems should use two bottles, small cooling systems should use 1oz (3 to 4 capfuls) per quart
Compatible with new or used antifreeze (including DEX-COOL® and long-life versions) to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems
Satisfies ASTM D2570 and ASTM D1384 corrosion tests for glycol-based antifreezes
Contains no ethylene glycol