bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
Other issue? The 1M had the same issue, but the plant's capacity has increased each year. Companies always have a planned number which can change, but there is always a number used to forecast profit and loss and to give their suppliers. I'm predicting the M2 production numbers per year will be at least double of the 1M.
Nothing you said refutes what I said.

"Other issue?"

Yes, other issues. As in, issues that aren't related to the one you listed (E82 end-of-life).

"The 1M had the same issue..."

I never said it didn't.

"...but the plant's capacity has increased each year."

True, but it's still running at near capacity.

"I'm predicting the M2 production numbers per year will be at least double of the 1M."

That wouldn't surprise me in the least, but that doesn't mean that production will meet demand.

I should also clarify my statement: "I don't think BMW is going to set (or publish, for that matter) a specific production number..."

I agree/understand that every manufacturer has internal production targets, but that's not really what I'm referring to. I'm referring to scenarios where a manufacturer sets a limit on production that is released to the public, or is intended to limit production strictly for the purpose of creating something like a "limited edition". I think you and I are in agreement that this doesn't appear to be BMW's goal with the M2.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0