View Single Post
      11-25-2020, 03:50 PM   #68
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Think it's the normal cycle of things. With this generation approaching its end its likely taking away from the market with those who want to wait until the next gen - so less new traffic maybe. The current gen is fairly well vetted at this point as well so not as much new info being discussed as well.

BUT probably the biggest key is that by this point everyone on Earth knows how awful the S55 sounds - so the forums have probably lost at least half its traffic in people that came here to inform the poor M2C folk that their cars have flatulence issues.

I think that after the newness of the next gen wears off you will see the F87 have an uptick in interest again. If the next gen comes in as heavy as it is potentially sounds like it might I think the comparatively lower weight & better balance of the F87 will become sought after - much like the increased interest in the E9x M3 platform due to the S65.

One thing I have seen though is that while there has been a decrease in traffic on the forums (possibly translating to a decrease in interest?) there does seem to be an increase in track presence - definitely a positive!
Appreciate 0