10-22-2020, 07:12 PM   #7
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrhee7 View Post
Oh goodness....now I'm a little worried I have to check on plugs. My car is currently in the shop right now having all the parts added on to it, and since my car was already overdue for a spark plug change, I just threw in the NGK's gapped at 0.023 should I give them a call tomorrow morning and tell them to replace with OEM plugs instead???
Don't worry about it just relax no need to rush, your car won't get a blown engine because of poorly gapped plugs you will just have poor performance if indeed your car doesn't like plugs gapped that tight. Some cars can tolerate it some cars can't that is why you have to look at your plugs on an individual basis and look at your logs then make the decision of what gap to use.

Imo if it is already done I wouldn't waste money doing it again, drive the car gently when you get it back to see if the plugs are causing a weird idle or misfire. If you do get misfires stop pushing the car hard immediately to avoid issues then pull the plugs out and open the gap up to stock size. Then the next time you do plugs you don't have to waste like $20 on NGK 2 step colder plugs, just buy the oem bosch ones from FCP for $5/plug and install them as they are already pregapped so no need to fiddle with gaps.

I can't remember if these plugs are single use due to the crush washers but if they are then you will need new plugs if you do have to pull them out.