03-17-2020, 01:03 PM   #86
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
The car was there for a few days and I got a call from the service manager who said they took a look at it so I trust that they examined it and everything was fine. If they lied and didn't then there isn't really much I can do about it. The car is running great so I don't have any reason to suspect there's an issue nor do I have a reason to go in and demand they look at it (again). Dealerships make money off of warranty work so I doubt there would be a reason that they saw an issue and chose not to do anything about it or were too lazy to perform a task. Changing parts and performing labor-intensive tasks earns them money.
True, but if BMW was only going to pay them for x amount of hours they won't just adding in a few more hours of labour just to pull the eccentric shaft out and inspect it. They'd just take a glance over it while it was still on the car and if it wasn't too marred up they wouldn't do anything. Not perfect, but definitely better than nothing.