RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 AW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth g-f View Post
Traded the Zr1 on a M2.

I will miss the savage acceleration of the Corvette. But the handling on the M2 is pretty sweet. Also being able to use it more and carry the kids means this car will get driven more. I don't need to be scare of the police as much as it doesn't climb into triple digit with the same authority.

Worst case I can always trade the M2 on a new Z06 and I'll be back into insane car speeds. I got a pretty sweet deal on the M2 adn shouldn't lose much if at all.
Congrats!

I came from a similar path. I had a SC'ed C7 that made 600 whp and 550 wtq. I knew going in that'd be too much power for practical use but just had to scratch that itch to see what that power level felt like. I removed the SC 18 months later and traded the C7 toward my current M2 another 18 months after that.

I love the M2 for its small-car driving characteristic and have no regrets on the slight downgrade on power. I have since flashed my M2 because it's such a low hanging fruit for another 50hp/70wtq, but I have never felt it was lacking in power in stock form. A tad heavy, maybe, but def not under powered. Truth be told, I think the M2 is even too powerful for street level fun. I am now trying to find a way to add a 2019 Miata (power bump to 181 hp) to complement the M2.
'00 S2000 (2000-2005)
Appreciate 0