09-05-2017, 11:19 PM   #23
nacaruh
FOUO
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3 View Post
Forgot to say, you're making me miss Colorado already. Colorado interstates are notorious for having a lot of cars getting tested.
I had no idea! And I need to go back there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroblade View Post
Some pics stolen for wallpaper use. Thanks.

Dat M2 looks so good. You have it in the config I'd like to have it. Maybe with manual even though I have low experience with stick XD
Haha, feel free to use it! And yeah I'm not complaining about the DCT because the 1er is 6spd Had a 5spd Abarth before, and I was getting sick of shifting in traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboAL47 View Post
driving the 1 series back to SEMA for battle of the builders?? awesome road trip and content.
Hah! Maybe if I replace my waterpump, but I'm having it shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALL3N View Post
Zion is bucket list worthy. You definitely need to make a trip back out to see it. Not as much for the driving, but the hike to the top of Angel's Landing is extremely cool and worth the effort so long as you're not scared of heights. The hike up the Narrows is amazing, too. You'll trash whatever footwear you use, so prepare for that.

Thanks for sharing all the great pics-awesome journey.
Definitely need to hike something somewhere in CO! Thank you for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoua2u View Post
Dang...those drilled holes on your bumper.
I know...thus the reason why I held off on the clear bra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
nice! I did a similar trip in my M3 back in 2013. Started in N. Virginia, ended up in SF. (also on bimmerpost front page).

In any case, we went to Arches, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and Crater Lake on my trip.
Nice! If I had more time, I would have definitely gone more up north, then to SF, and then PCH all the way down That also would have added another 1000 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000Z3M View Post
great pics. what did you think of the one lane section coming off the pass into aspen? I have never taken the BMW to Aspen we normally fly or take the mom car, a kia sorento.
I don't remember going through any one lanes, but I do remember the roads were super narrow. Luckily, we had no conflicting issues from cars coming from the other side. We also didn't drive anywhere fast. The lack of guard rails, and our eyes were glued to the scenery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
great shots!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndukyh View Post
Glad you enjoyed the trip and thanks for sharing the photos! Did this last year in our F80 and miss every moment of it. I too was a bit on the rushed side but managed to stop off at some awesome places. Makes you appreciate how much diversity there is on this land of ours
I totally agree! The US is simply a beautiful country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by balloonsalesman View Post
My brother and I drove my 1M from Montreal to San Francisco last summer, this brought back some good memories. So awesome!
Lucky! I would have loved to drive my 1er over, but I would have a lot of cringe moments
Appreciate 0