BadgerDog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
ON an OG M2 the modes are intertwined on an M2C they are not.

You can mix and match every steering/throttle/trans/DSC mode. Sometimes you need to deselect things (ie going from the boot up mode efficient engine + sport steering + DSC on to sport plus throttle makes the car want to turn on MDM mode).

DSC off (long press of the DSC off button, DSC off light in dash on not MDM light on) is DSC off. The steering/throtle/trans mode you are in doesn't matter and shouldn't change.

BTW I have my M2 button setup as your describe and I do the same thing of turning DSC off as I leave the pitlane.

I have an EU spec car and don't have the low tire pressure problems lots of ppl on here describe. I do reset the sensors each time it complains though. I think the system is not looking for the vehicle specific pressures but +/- 3 PSI from what you set it at.
This has been shown to be false in other threads. There are 5 modes:

Comfort
Sport
Sport+
MDM (short press of traction control button)
DTC off (long press of traction control button).

Which mode you are in when you press the dtc button doesn't matter. The two modes that button enables are fully featured modes of their own with associated settings. There's a big chart floating around that is straight out of a tech publication from BMW.

Appologies if I got any acronyms wrong, I'm doing this from memory.
Appreciate 0