Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBbluem2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
Yeah to be more specific, i get plenty of burbles driving. Its just everytime i want to take a video of the exhaust it never seems to pop quite as much...or so it seems. Its very possible that the engine isnt warm enough or i just dont rev it high enough when im doing it.

Or i maybe dont hear it. since im inside. Maybe i'll try warming up the engine and giving it a bit more throttle next time haha. It pops quite a bit when im driving her hard though so thats always great.
Yeah after a good solid drive it does the standing burbles. Seems to be:

3-5k revs- burbles with a softer edge to the sound more of the popcorn sounds.

5k and beyond provides more of a crackle with sharp pops and snaps.

In my 6mt a 1-2 shift in s+ with mdm and revs over 7k provides a super sharp Snap crackle pop while waiting for the insane rev hang to go down.

It's funny it stated doing it out of nowhere and now continues pretty much on command. Not sure if I'm just driving the car harder or the exhaust is braking in.

Also rapping out first to 6-7 then getting all the way out of it does a straight up machine gun sound in my car. Like 8-12 crazy pops in a row
This may not be a popular opinion, but is there a way to code out the pops and gurgles? I seem to remember that most are not normal overrun but added by BMW?
Appreciate 0