09-08-2019, 05:43 PM   #16
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob360 View Post
I have test driven the M2C at length, and I was disappointed in the exhaust note. In my research, it seems that people are somewhat divided on their opinion of the exhaust sounds on the M2C, with several Youtube reviewers making remarks ranging from "excellent" to "I *really* hate the sound of the exhaust."

To me it sounds a bit too raspy, and not full throated (for lack of a better term).

Also, I do not see a consensus on this forum as to which aftermarket exhaust is "best" in terms of sound quality.
Rob

The ‘best’ is hard to identity with something so subjective as acoustic preference. This brings up a couple points. . .

To be clear, I am not ‘bashing’ the aftermarket offerings that many have come to enjoy. I am simply stating I have not identified the acoustic setup I am after up to this point.

To be fair and reasonable, I am largely dependent upon the online videos I have acknowledged are less than optimal in making proper evaluation of an exhaust modification. It is all but impossible to hear all the various options in-person, so one must exercise some level of best judgement based on information that is available.

I refer to my statement in prior post, suggesting many owners appear to express satisfaction more with the decibel enhancement (loudness) than they are other acoustic qualities. As you reference Rob, the M2C – like most modern turbo engines – suffer high-pitched (raspy) acoustic qualities that many find off-putting. Toward this end, I DO feel the online videos are pretty good at allowing one to assess the ability of an aftermarket exhaust system to produce deeper (‘throatier’) acoustics.

My conclusion thus far is that the available options are good at enhancing the decibels, and less so at enhancing other aspects of the acoustic experience that I am after. I might be chasing a unicorn?!

///AVM
Appreciate 0