View Single Post
      09-07-2019, 11:42 AM   #10
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Malakas

I absolutely agree that one must be careful in making online assessment of exhaust systems.

The online videos rarely do the various exhaust systems justice in terms of LOUDNESS (decibels), and neither manufacturer nor owners showcasing their systems online seem to want to admit if their exhaust system drones.

What I do think can be well deciphered via online videos is the ability of an exhaust setup to deliver tones and notes (acoustics) one is after. Modern turbo engines with responsible emissions seem to be obligated to produce the high-pitched (raspy) sound. Like most, my objective is toward that of the deeper rumble that I believe AWE is better at than any other aftermarket manufacturer.

Equipped with superchargers, the new American muscle cars still produce some great acoustics. The video below is the modern objective. I realize this will not be achieved in my M2C – probably never in any turbocharged engine – but this represents the current standard I am after . . . and have come reasonably close to achieving with AWE Track exhaust in my Macan Turbo.

As much as I love my AWE Track system, I also agree with you that having an intact valve-control system is desirable.

Knowing that AWE is not an option leaves me uncertain moving forward regarding aftermarket exhaust options. AA mid-pipe with Macht Schnell Exhaust Valve Control module has my current attention, but I will let you know if/when I decide to pull trigger on one or another exhaust mod.

https://machtschnell.com/exhaust-val...vc-module.html

///AVM
Appreciate 0