View Single Post
      09-06-2019, 09:54 PM   #5
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Malakas

As I was told by the AWE technician, the problem with fitting to the M2C did not lie primarily with lengthwise modification. Rather, he felt the problem lies with the width of the exhaust.

The Track system is essentially an ‘axle-back’ muffler delete, with a rigid strut between downpipes – replacing the structure of the muffler. The AWE technician felt the strut would not fit the M2C, and modifying the strut might be possible, but difficult and of unknown impact on the integrity of the system.

The SwitchPath is a complete muffler system. In BMWs, there seems to be a secondary cat system in the mid-pipes, so I believe it is most precise to call it a ‘primary cat-back’ exhaust. The Switchpath has a muffler and retains valve control, where as the Track is muffler delete that is all beast-mode, all the time. Both the Track and Switchpath options come with resonated and non-resonated options.

To answer your other question, I have the AWE Track exhaust in my Macan Turbo. Best exhaust I have ever owned in a modern turbo engine. It is LOUD and the acoustic notes are amazing with both throttle and shifting. Nothing I have come across in terms of M2C aftermarket offerings seems to even approach the sound I have in my Macan Turbo and am after in my M2C.

I am not optimistic the exhaust I am after exists for the M2C, and compromise will have to be made. As of right now, the compromise I am most considering is the AA mid-pipe swap. Not interested in Akrapovic, Remus, Eisennman . . . and other options most commonly discussed for the M2C. All quality made, but not of the acoustic quality I am after.

https://www.awe-tuning.com/ivaf/prod.../3.0L%20Turbo/

///AVM
Appreciate 0