View Single Post
      03-22-2019, 08:27 PM   #6
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

I have KW V3's and Dinan Sway bars. I'll say that the KWs on their default setting feels just a little softer on the street than factory, enough so that I'm stiffening it by 2 clicks all around once I get a chance.

I don't really think the Dinan rear bar is worthwhile, as according to Dinan's site, it only stiffens the rear from 0-13%. So at it's softest setting, you would be the same as stock. And I'm under the impression that a softer rear sway setting is better for track because it will let you accelerate out of corners quicker. The rear bar is also a little bit of an intensive process to install. I have a couple threads about this stuff over in the suspension section here.

The front bar I definitely think is worth it though and I could tell the difference even on the street.

I definitely do like the coilovers because they let me adjust rebound and compression. But you'd be okay with lowering springs too. It's really about how much money you want to sink into it and how far you want to go. Coilovers definitely are the better option all around, but do you need them or would have just as much fun with lowering springs? I doubt coilovers are gonna make you much faster around a track compared to lowering springs, but you do get additional "fun" in being able to tailor the suspension specifically to what you like and play around with it. If you like fiddling with things, there is value in that, because there is more time to fiddle when you have more things you can fiddle with. But if you like racing and tracking more than fiddling with settings to get things just how you like them, lowering springs are the way to go cause you'll spend more time on the track with them.
Appreciate 0