View Single Post
      10-25-2019, 08:32 AM   #4
mpower1226
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi TT

It’s funny because i just traded in my m2 for QV. I alteady have a 4c as a summer car and fortunately there are alfa/Maserati dealers scattered around the city i live(toronto), so the service is not a concern.

I love the car but wish i had purchased a red competition color but instead got a white color which isnt bad but not matching to my 4c..

Now somehow if i can convince my wife to changer her mercedes to stelvio quadrifoglio that would be a holy trinity lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacMacJac View Post
I was sure I was going to get a QV and had even convinced myself I could manage my expectations with bugs/reliability concerns - but ultimately the utter lack of a dealer network in Dallas proper and large concern over quality service available without having to drive 45 miles each way, killed it for me.

But, I agree, the QV is a stunningly fun car to drive, even without a 6sp (which is the other big reason I ended up with a M2C) and it certainly scratched the deep itch of wanting to be able to say I "own an Italian sports car".

My suggestion to you is: Do a LOT of research about your local dealer and their service dep't before you buy one. Especially if it is a Alfa/Fiat combo and not a Alfa/Masarati combo. Talk to people who have experience using them.

the QV isn't really that much more prone to issues than other brands/models - but it is up there and the lack of experienced, certified mechanics is a known issue for the brand.
Appreciate 1
termigni1081.00